K G Satyanarayana
Poornaprajna Institute for Scientific Research
Born on October 8, 1942, Kestur, Tumkur district, State of Karnataka. Received B.Sc.Degree from the University of Mysore, Mysore (1963), M.Sc. from the University of Bangalore, Bangalore (1965) and Ph.D.(Physics-Metallurgical Engg.) from the Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi (1972). Presently he is Honorary Professor at the Poornaprajna Institute for Scientific Research, Bangalore. Was Visiting Scientist at EMBRAPA, Colombo, Brazil during Nov. 2012- April 2013. Was also Consulting Chief Scientist Acharya R&D Center, Acharya Group of Institutes, Bangalore (India) and Head, R&D Center in B.M.S. College of Engineering, Bangalore (India) during the period 2007-2011. Before this he was Visiting Professor (June 2003-June 2007) in the Chemistry Department at the UFRN (Curitiba-Brazil) and FINEP Visiting Researcher (April 2008-September 2009) and Visiting Scientist at EMBRAPA, Colombo, Paranaa-Brazil (Nov. 2012-April, 2012). Guided students for Master’s and Doctoral programs and taught post-graduates in PIPE of the University. Served in the Regional Research Laboratory, Trivandrum of the CSIR, Government of India, in several positions, including the post of Director of the laboratory, until his retirement in October 2002. Was responsible for the initiating the Materials Laboratory in RRL-T.
His areas of interest include Al alloy development, Composites both Metal Matrix and polymer matrix with natural fibers. In recent years his emphasis has been on development of nano materials and their composites particularly ‘Green’ and Biodegradable composites, development of new materials based on agro-industrial wastes and biofuels.